Meshfree Approximation for Multi-Asset Options
AbstractWe price multi-asset options by solving their price partial differential equations using a meshfree approach with radial basis functions under jump-diffusion and geometric Brownian motion frameworks. In the geometric Brownian motion framework, we propose an effective technique that breaks the multi-dimensional problem to multiple 3D problems. We solve the price PDEs or PIDEs with an implicit meshfree scheme using thin-plate radial basis functions. Meshfree approach is very accurate, has high order of convergence and is easily scalable and adaptable to higher dimensions and different payoff profiles. We also obtain closed form approximations for the option Greeks. We test the model on American crack spread options traded on NYMEX.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Henley Business School, Reading University in its series ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance with number icma-dp2009-07.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2008
Date of revision: Jun 2009
Contact details of provider:
Postal: PO Box 218, Whiteknights, Reading, Berks, RG6 6AA
Phone: +44 (0) 118 378 8226
Fax: +44 (0) 118 975 0236
Web page: http://www.henley.reading.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Multi-asset options; radial basis function; meshfree approximation; collocation; multidimensional Lévy process; basket options; PIDE; PDE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carol Alexander & Aanand Venkatramanan, 2007.
"Analytic Approximations for Spread Options,"
ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance
icma-dp2007-11, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Szymon Borak & Kai Detlefsen & Wolfgang Härdle, 2005. "FFT Based Option Pricing," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-011, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Carol Alexander & Aanand Venkatramanan, 2008. "Analytic Approximations for Multi-Asset Option Pricing," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2009-05, Henley Business School, Reading University, revised Jun 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ed Quick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.