Basket options valuation for a local volatility jump-diffusion model with the asymptotic expansion method
AbstractIn this paper we discuss the basket options valuation for a jump-diffusion model. The underlying asset prices follow some correlated local volatility diffusion processes with systematic jumps. We derive a forward partial integral differential equation (PIDE) for general stochastic processes and use the asymptotic expansion method to approximate the conditional expectation of the stochastic variance associated with the basket value process. The numerical tests show that the suggested method is fast and accurate in comparison with the Monte Carlo and other methods in most cases.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 47 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
IM12 IM20 Basket options pricing Local volatility jump-diffusion model Forward PIDE Asymptotic expansion;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- IM1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - - - -
- IM2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - - - -
- Bas - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - - - -
- opt - - - - - -
- pri - - - - - -
- Loc - Industrial Organization - - - - -
- vol - - - - - -
- jum - - - - - -
- mod - - - - - -
- For - International Economics - - - - -
- PID - Economic Systems - - - - -
- Asy - General Economics and Teaching - - - - -
- exp - - - - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levy, Edmond, 1992. "Pricing European average rate currency options," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 474-491, October.
- E. Benhamou & E. Gobet & M. Miri, 2009. "Smart expansion and fast calibration for jump diffusions," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 563-589, September.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Michèle Vanmaele & Griselda Deelstra & Jan Liinev, 2004. "Approximation of stop-loss premiums involving sums of lognormals by conditioning on two variables," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7604, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Atsushi Kawai, 2003. "A new approximate swaption formula in the LIBOR market model: an asymptotic expansion approach," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 49-74.
- Leif Andersen & Jesper Andreasen, 2000. "Jump-Diffusion Processes: Volatility Smile Fitting and Numerical Methods for Option Pricing," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 231-262, October.
- Xu, Guoping & Zheng, Harry, 2009. "Approximate basket options valuation for a jump-diffusion model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 188-194, October.
- Michael Curran, 1994. "Valuing Asian and Portfolio Options by Conditioning on the Geometric Mean Price," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(12), pages 1705-1711, December.
- Vanmaele, Michele & Deelstra, Griselda & Liinev, Jan, 2004. "Approximation of stop-loss premiums involving sums of lognormals by conditioning on two variables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 343-367, October.
- Stefano, Pagliarani & Pascucci, Andrea & Candia, Riga, 2011. "Expansion formulae for local Lévy models," MPRA Paper 34571, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.