A New Approach to the Estimation of Structural Equations in Hedonic Models
AbstractThis paper clarifies the source of a difficulty in estimating structural equations in hedonic models and then develops an estimation method which avoids this difficulty. Both Quigley's and our method are applied to Japanese housing data and the estimates compared.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Queen's University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 595.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 1985
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu & Nakamura, Ryohei, 1986. "A new approach to the estimation of structural equations in hedonic models," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 218-233, March.
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L68 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Appliances; Furniture; Other Consumer Durables
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristián Mardones, 2006. "Impacto de la Percepción de la Calidad del Aire sobre el Precio de las Viviendas en Concepción-Talcahuano, Chile," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 43(128), pages 301-330.
- Hans R. Isakson, 1997. "An Empirical Analysis of the Determinants of the Value of Vacant Land," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 13(2), pages 103-114.
- Morisugi, Hisa & Ohno, Eiji, 1995. "Proposal of a benefit incidence matrix for urban development projects," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 461-481, August.
- Pablo Brañas-Garza & Javier Rodero Cosano & John R. Presley, 2002.
"The North-South divide and house price islands: the case of Córdoba (Spain),"
European Journal of Housing Policy,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 45-63, April.
- Pablo Branas-Garza & Javier Rodero Cosano & John Presley, 2001. "The North-South divide and house price islands: the case of COrdoba (Spain)," International Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 45-63.
- Palmquist, Raymond B., 2006. "Property Value Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 763-819 Elsevier.
- Nakagawa, Masayuki & Saito, Makoto & Yamaga, Hisaki, 2007. "Earthquake risk and housing rents: Evidence from the Tokyo Metropolitan Area," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 87-99, January.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 1985.
"Hedonic Prices and the Benefits of Public Projects,"
617, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 1988. "Hedonic Prices and the Benefits of Public Projects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 981-89, July.
- Eric Skhiri & Olivier Marchand, 1995. "Prix hédoniques et estimation d'un modèle structurel d'offre et de demande de caractéristiques [Une application au marché de la location de logements en France ]," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 121(5), pages 127-140.
- Selden, Thomas M. & Wasylenko, Michael J., 1992. "Benefit incidence analysis in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1015, The World Bank.
- Damrongsak Rinchumphu & Chris Eves & Connie Susilawati, 2013. "Brand Value of Property in Bangkok Metropolitan Region (BMR), Thailand," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 16(3), pages 296-322.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.