Rejoinder to Duncan Foley and David Laibman
AbstractArticle that appeared as Zarembka, P (ed) Economic Theory of Capitalism and its Crises, Research in Political Economy 18, pp285-93. Stanford, CT: JAI Press. (http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookdescription.cws_home/621298/description#description) Responds to debate initiated in Research in Political Economy 17 (http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookdescription.cws_home/621907/description#description) This article formed the final part of a four-way exchange on the rate of profit which appeared in Research in Political Economy 17 and 18 in 1999 and 2000, between David Laibman, Duncan Foley, Andrew Kliman and Alan Freeman. This piece constituted Kliman and Freeman’s final response to the debate around Laibman’s initial critique of the Temporal Single System Interpretation (TSSI) of Marx’s value theory.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 6717.
Date of creation: Apr 2000
Date of revision:
TSSI; MELT; value; Marx; price; profit rate; Okishio; non-equilibrium; equilibrium; money; sraffa;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
- B12 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Classical (includes Adam Smith)
- B0 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General
- B14 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Socialist; Marxist
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- B50 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - General
- B24 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Socialist; Marxist; Scraffian
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Foley, Duncan K., 1982. "Realization and accumulation in a Marxian model of the circuit of capital," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 300-319, December.
- Freeman, Alan & Kliman, Andrew, 2000. "Two Concepts of Value, Two Rates of Profit, Two Laws of Motion," MPRA Paper 6715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 1999. "Between Two World Systems: A Response to David Laibman," MPRA Paper 6713, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.