Caracterização do mercado de capital de risco na Europa
[European venture capital market characterization]
AbstractIn this work it was intended to carry through an analysis of the European venture capital market in the last eight years. Also it was done a summary of the venture capital industry history, carrying through a comparison between U.S.A. and Europe. In the European venture capital market analysis it was pointed out aspects about the investment totals, fundraising, investors types and investments types. Among others conclusions, it was found that the banks and pension funds are the main suppliers of capital, that it is a market traditionally domestic and that, in totals invested, the buyout investments are the ones that possess greater representation, but when analyzed the numbers of realized investments it is the expansion investment that predominate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 6184.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Revista Economia Global e Gestão nº 3.vol. X(2005): pp. 53-75
Mercado de capital de risco; Europa; EUA;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Black, Bernard S. & Gilson, Ronald J., 1998. "Venture capital and the structure of capital markets: banks versus stock markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 243-277, March.
- Sahlman, William A., 1990. "The structure and governance of venture-capital organizations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 473-521, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.