Apertura. Gasto Público Y Convergencia En América Latin: Un Modelo Econometrico Espacial
[Liberalization, Public Spending And Convergence In Latin America: An Spatial Econometric Model]
AbstractThe study focuses on the analysis of economic growth of the Latin American countries, during the period 1950-2000 The methodology of the paper is based on the use of spatial econometric thechniques applied to a cross section and panel data. The results showed conditional convergence for the region from 1950 to 1975, and both absolute and conditional divergence from 1980 to 2000.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 5561.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Comercio Exterior 9.57(2007): pp. 705-717
Convergence; Latin America;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O54 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cimoli, Mario & Porcile, Gabriel & Primi, Annalisa & Vergara, Sebastián & Brito, Marcio Holland de, 2010.
"Growth, structural change and technological capabilities Latin America in a comparative perspective,"
Textos para discussÃ£o
212, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Mario Cimoli & Marcio Holland & Gabriel Porcile & Annalisa Primi & Sebastiàn Vergara, 2006. "Growth, Structural Change and Technological Capabilities. Latin America in a Comparative Perspective," LEM Papers Series 2006/11, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Maria Abreu & Henri L.F. de Groot & Raymond J.G.M. Florax, 2004. "Space and Growth," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-129/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Easterly, William & Loayza, Norman & Montiel, Peter, 1997.
"Has Latin America's post-reform growth been disappointing?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3-4), pages 287-311, November.
- Easterly, William & Loayza, Norman & Montiel, Peter, 1997. "Has Latin America's post-reform growth been disappointing?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1708, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.