AbstractThis working paper is an encyclopedia entry on Economic Democracy written for: Rowe, Debra ACHIEVING SUSTAINBILITY, Cengage Publishing. The focus of the entry is on steps for advancing economic democracy, such as encouraging local self-reliance, and building up of local economies by supporting workplace cooperatives, non-profits, credit unions, and small businesses.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 49755.
Date of creation: 11 Sep 2013
Date of revision:
Economic Democracy; local self-reliance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H00 - Public Economics - - General - - - General
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- H70 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2013-09-28 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-POL-2013-09-28 (Positive Political Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karl Widerquist & Michael A. Lewis, 1997.
"An Efficiency Argument for the Guaranteed Income,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_212, Levy Economics Institute.
- Christopher Gunn, 2011. "Workersâ€™ Participation in Management, Workersâ€™ Control of Production," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 43(3), pages 317-327, September.
- W. Michael Hanemann, 1994. "Valuing the Environment through Contingent Valuation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 19-43, Fall.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.