Intangible assets as a source of competitiveness in the post-crisis economy. The role of trademarks
AbstractThe post-crisis economy brings changes in the functions of the trademarks. The aim of this paper is to evidence the functions of the trademarks as part of the intellectual property and of the intangible in the post-crisis economic frame and to offer an overview of the evolution of these functions before and after economic crisis. The economic crisis was and still is a real challenge for the companies that overrated their intangible assets or which kept in their balance the intangible assets with no correct estimated market value. Hereby, some companies were gaining from crisis because of the good management of intangible assets, but some were stand to lose. The new economy needs innovation, flexibility, and competitiveness in order to face the competition between trademarks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 48780.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
new economy; intangible assets; trademarks;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F29 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Other
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marta-Christina Suciu, 2009. "Creative Economy And Creative Cities," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 3(1), pages 82-91, June.
- Nicoleta CARAGEA, 2009. "Time Allocation in Economics and the Implications for Economic Development," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 29(2(38)), pages 122-141, December.
- ZAMAN, Gheorghe, 2011. "Some Theoretical And Practical Lessons To Be Learnt From The Economic Crisis Challenges In Romania," Annals of Spiru Haret University, Economic Series, Universitatea Spiru Haret, vol. 2(4), pages 9-28.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.