Time Allocation in Economics and the Implications for Economic Development
AbstractIn a modern and more complex society, in which there are not borders between the professional family and social life of individuals, time should be viewed as an economic resource and it has to be optimized, rationalized and controlled.In this paper I will try to identify the main coordinates and the dominant points of view of economic thinking focused on time allocation, at both national and international level. The paper also presents an analysis of the correlation between time use and economic development, on the basis of some regression models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (2009(XIX))
Issue (Month): 2(38) (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
time allocation; working time; economic development;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dobre, Ana Maria, 2012. "Intangible assets as a source of competitiveness in the post-crisis economy. The role of trademarks," MPRA Paper 48780, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oana CHINDRIŞ-VĂSIOIU & Carmen UNGUREANU, 2011. "Importance of Economic and Social Cohesion Policy for Romania," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 1(6), pages 11, October.
- Istrate, Georgeta-Marinela & Caragea, Nicoleta, 2010. "Working Time During the Economic Crisis and the Impact on Romanian Working Life," MPRA Paper 45503, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Voineagu, Vergil & Caragea, Nicoleta, 2010. "A New Approach of Time Use in National Economy," MPRA Paper 53206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicoleta CARAGEA-HREHORCIUC & Madalina TOCAN, 2011. "European typologies of time use – the social model approach," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 1(6), pages 11, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.