Portugalia jako organizator Mistrzostw Europy w Piłce Nożnej w 2004 roku
[Portugal as a host of Football European Championship in 2004]
AbstractThis study attempts to assess the preparations for Portugal to host Euro 2004. The purpose of this action was to compare the preparations for the Polish situation, as a host in 2012. In particular, the author drew attention to the potential benefits and costs associated with staging such a big event and necessary infrastructure, which is a challenge, especially for less developed nations such as Portugal and Poland.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 45040.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Euro 2004; wielkoformatowe imprezy sportowe; infrastruktura; Portugalia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2004.
"The Quest for the Cup: Assessing the Economic Impact of the World Cup,"
IASE Conference Papers, International Association of Sports Economists
0406, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2004. "The Quest for the Cup: Assessing the Economic Impact of the World Cup," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 343-354.
- Rephann, Terance & Isserman, Andrew, 1994. "New highways as economic development tools: An evaluation using quasi-experimental matching methods," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 723-751, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.