New highways as economic development tools: An evaluation using quasi-experimental matching methods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Regional Science and Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 24 (1994)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zawadzki, Krystian, 2010.
"Portugalia jako organizator Mistrzostw Europy w Piłce Nożnej w 2004 roku
[Portugal as a host of Football European Championship in 2004]," MPRA Paper 45040, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mercedes Gumbau Albert & Joaquín Maudos Villarroya & Pedro Cantos, 2002.
"Transport Infrastructures And Regional Growth: Evidence Of The Spanish Case,"
Working Papers. Serie EC
2002-27, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Cantos, Pedro & Gumbau-Albert, Mercedes & Maudos, Joaquin, 2005. "Transport infrastructures and regional growth: evidence of the Spanish case," MPRA Paper 15261, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Plaut, Pnina O & Deakin, Elizabeth, 2006. "Economic and Travel Impacts of Bypass Roads: A Comparative Study of Israel and the U.S," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt6711w6z7, University of California Transportation Center.
- Funderburg, Richard G. & Nixon, Hilary & Boarnet, Marlon G. & Ferguson, Gavin, 2010. "New highways and land use change: Results from a quasi-experimental research design," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 76-98, February.
- Aguilar, Francisco X., 2009. "Spatial econometric analysis of location drivers in a renewable resource-based industry: The U.S. South Lumber Industry," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 184-193, May.
- Terance J. Rephann & Tanya Wanchek, 2012. "Filling the Gaps: Dentist Disparities along the Rural Urban Continuum," Working Papers 2012-02, Center for Economic and Policy Studies.
- Geza Toth, 2006. "Centre-Periphery Analysis About the Hungarian Public Road System," ERSA conference papers ersa06p11, European Regional Science Association.
- Chandra, Amitabh & Thompson, Eric, 2000. "Does public infrastructure affect economic activity?: Evidence from the rural interstate highway system," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 457-490, July.
- Boarnet, Marlon G., 1995. "Highways and Economic Productivity: Interpreting Recent Evidence," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4g79984s, University of California Transportation Center.
- Terance J. Rephann, 2008. "Community Colleges and Local Economic Development," Working Papers 2008-02, Center for Economic and Policy Studies.
- Portnov, B. A. & Etzion, Y., 2000. "Investigating the effects of public policy on the interregional patterns of population growth: the case of Israel," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 239-269, December.
- Heather M. Stephens & Mark D. Partridge, 2011. "Do Entrepreneurs Enhance Economic Growth in Lagging Regions?," Growth and Change, Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, vol. 42(4), pages 431-465, December.
- Elena G. Irwin & Andrew M. Isserman & Maureen Kilkenny & Mark D. Partridge, 2010. "A Century of Research on Rural Development and Regional Issues," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(2), pages 522-553.
- Michael J. Hicks, 2006.
"Transportation and infrastructure, retail clustering, and local public finance: evidence from Wal-Mart's expansion,"
Regional Economic Development,
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 100-114.
- Hicks, Michael, 2006. "Transportation and Infrastructure, Retail Clustering, and Local Public Finance: Evidence from Wal-Mart's Expansion," MPRA Paper 52, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Huang, William S., 1995. "Transit and Regional Economic Growth: A Review of the Literature," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt36h0x2tk, University of California Transportation Center.
- Sen, S. K. & Mukhopadhyay, I & Gupta, S, 2011. "Optimal pricing policy of continental transit route: a study of Kolkata-Agartala transit route," MPRA Paper 41005, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Apr 2012.
- David Levinson, 2007.
"Density and Dispersion: The Co-Development of Land use and Rail in London,"
200801, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- David Levinson, 2008. "Density and dispersion: the co-development of land use and rail in London," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 55-77, January.
- Katarzyna Kopczewska, 2011. "Roads as Channel of Centrifugal Policy Transfer. Spatial Interactions Model Revised," ERSA conference papers ersa11p720, European Regional Science Association.
- Antonio Estache, 2010. "A survey of impact evaluations of infrastructure projects, programs and policies," Working Papers ECARES 2010_005, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Xu, Hangtian & Nakajima, Kentaro, 2013. "Highways and Development in the Peripheral Regions of China," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 33, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Reed, W. Robert & Rogers, Cynthia L., 2003. "A study of quasi-experimental control group methods for estimating policy impacts," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-25, January.
- Richard Voith, 1998. "Transportation investments in the Philadelphia metropolitan area: who benefits? Who pays? And what are the consequences?," Working Papers 98-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.