Distributions escaping to infinity and the limiting power of the Cliff-Ord test for autocorrelation
AbstractWe consider a family of proper random variables which converges to an improper random variable. The limit in distribution is found and applied to obtain a closed-form expression for the limiting power of the Cliff-Ord test for autocorrelation. The applications include the theory of characteristic functions of proper random variables, the theory of almost periodic functions, and the test for spatial correlation in a linear regression model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 44402.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2011
Date of revision: 18 Sep 2012
Publication status: Published in ISRN Probability and Statistics Article ID 926164.2012(2012): pp. 1-39
improper random variable; Cliff-Ord test; autocorrelation; spatial correlation; characteristic function; almost periodic functions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martellosio, Federico, 2010. "Power Properties Of Invariant Tests For Spatial Autocorrelation In Linear Regression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 152-186, February.
- Bert Van Es & Hae-Won Uh, 2005. "Asymptotic Normality of Kernel-Type Deconvolution Estimators," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(3), pages 467-483.
- Martellosio, Federico, 2008. "Testing for spatial autocorrelation: the regressors that make the power disappear," MPRA Paper 10542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.