Transformation of small and medium-sized enterprises in Pomerania due to organization of Euro 2012 with particular emphasis on the hotel industry
AbstractIn the course of preparations to the 2012 European Football Championship (Euro 2012) many doubts have arisen as to the actual cost-benefit balance affecting the hosting country. The event is accompanied by intense promotion of the agglomeration and the region, especially abroad. In effect, one can anticipate the competitive position of both the region and the businesses operating there to improve. In this paper, the micro level is considered, namely the potential impact of Euro 2012 on the business decisions in selected sectors, particularly connected with the mega sport event in the Pomeranian region.The research reported in this study focused on the relationship between UEFA Euro in Poland and the decisions taken by representatives of SMEs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43624.
Date of creation: 31 Dec 2012
Date of revision:
Euro 2012; Mega sport's event; tourism; pomeranian region;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-SBM-2013-01-19 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-SPO-2013-01-19 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2013-01-19 (Tourism Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Victor Matheson, 2006.
"Mega-Events: The effect of the world’s biggest sporting events on local, regional, and national economies,"
0622, International Association of Sports Economists & North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Victor Matheson, 2006. "Mega-Events: The effect of the world’s biggest sporting events on local, regional, and national economies," Working Papers 0610, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.