On Keynes's Z-function
AbstractThis paper is intended to give a general, but rigorous view about what is the Z-function and what are the hidden relations of the Keynes’s General Theory. In Section 1 I shall depict the concept of probability and that of the weight of argument, in Section 2 I shall introduce quite an important deﬁnitions such as the Z-function is diﬀerent from the Z∗-curve, and some paramount notions. The Section 4 is intended to grasp the importance of the chapters 20-21 of the General Theory, whereas in Section 5 I shall comment, very quickly, some properties of Z∗ in a topological view.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 42918.
Date of creation: 29 Nov 2012
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- B16 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Quantitative and Mathematical
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2012-12-10 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2012-12-10 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2012-12-10 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2012-12-10 (Post Keynesian Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark Hayes, 2006. "The Economics of Keynes: A New Guide to The General Theory," Books, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG), number nggt.
- Heller, Claudia, 2009. "Keynes’s slip of the pen: aggregate supply curve vs employment function," MPRA Paper 12837, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- MG Hayes, 2007. "Keynes's Z function, heterogeneous output and marginal productivity," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(5), pages 741-753, September.
- Mark Hayes, 2007. "The Point of Effective Demand," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 55-80.
- Strati, Francesco, 2012. "Keynes’s probability: An introduction to the theory of logical groups," MPRA Paper 42557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.