Estrategia contracíclica de los bancos de desarrollo
[Countercyclical strategy of the development banks]
AbstractThe objective of this report is to analyze whether development banks in Germany, Spain and Brazil have made a strategic counter during the current crisis. The development banks (necessarily consistent with public policy) are a tool that can address the countercyclical strategy that could drive growth and development in countries in crisis. As countercyclical strategy of the development banks we understand actions in two ways. At the macroeconomic level the development banks can provide resources to the economy in a context of tight credit from private financial institutions. At the microeconomic level, we analyze whether the development banks have supported specific sectors and actors palliating the disadvantage access of some economic agents and ensuring the financing of productive activities chosen by public policy because of its importance in development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 42632.
Date of creation: 15 Oct 2012
Date of revision:
development bank; countercyclical policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, and Operations
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Aghion, Beatriz Armendariz, 1999. "Development banking," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 83-100, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.