An epsilon-based measure of efficiency in DEA - An alternative method for the affinity index
AbstractTone & Tsutsui (2010) introduced a hybrid model (epsilon-based measure, EBM), which combines both radial and non-radial measures in a unified framework [Tone, K., & Tsutsui, M. (2010). An epsilon-based measure of efficiency in DEA - A third pole of technical efficiency. European Journal of Operational Research, 207, 1554-1563.]. We find that their method to construct the affinity matrix may be questionable. Their method may not reflect the true degree of scattered distribution of inputs or outputs. Based on Tone & Tsutsui’s idea, we introduced an alternative method of constructing the affinity matrix, which overcomes the drawback of their method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41680.
Date of creation: 06 Nov 2011
Date of revision: 06 Nov 2011
Data Envelopment Analysis; Epsilon-based Measure (EBM); Affinity Index;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tone, Kaoru, 2001. "A slacks-based measure of efficiency in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 498-509, May.
- Tone, Kaoru & Tsutsui, Miki, 2010. "An epsilon-based measure of efficiency in DEA - A third pole of technical efficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(3), pages 1554-1563, December.
- Kaoru Tone & Miki Tsutsui, 2010. "An epsilon-based measure of efficiency in DEA revisited -A third pole of technical efficiency," GRIPS Discussion Papers 09-21, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.