A comparative content analysis of CSR strategies oriented to environmental issues between Greek and European CSR practices
AbstractThe scope of this research is to examine the way Greek companies contribute to the protection of the environment by investigating the CSR reports. In addition, there will be a comparative content analysis of Greek and European companies which will focus on the environmental aspect of the companies CSR strategy. Issues like recycling, environmental awareness, restoration of abandon places like quarrying, energy conservation, environmental education, green buildings, appliance of environmental indexes are some of the CSR activities that companies adapt in order to disclosure the company’s environmental policy. The publication of CSR reports as far as the environmental performance is an integral part of the CSR strategy for Greek companies especially on activities like recycling, energy saving and waste management. The results of this research will reveal how companies from different sectors adapt environmental practices and whether Greek companies follow the European companies in terms of the environmental dimension of CSR.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41022.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision: 2011
corporate social responsibility; environmental/sustainability strategy; green management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Social Responsibility
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alfred A. Marcus & Marc H. Anderson, 2006. "A General Dynamic Capability: Does it Propagate Business "and" Social Competencies in the Retail Food Industry?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 19-46, 01.
- Donald Siegel, 2009. "Green Management Matters Only If It Yields More Green: An Economic/Strategic Perspective," Working Papers 8, Jerusalem Institute for Market Studies (JIMS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.