Risk management – a new priority system customs and its consequences
AbstractThe preoccupations concerning the analysis and the administration of the risks began in the year 1970 and lasted for 10 years, aiming at different fields of the human sciences: administration, sociology, economy, political sciences. The negligence in analyzing the risks for more than 20 years marked the competitiveness of the enterprises. The risks are still the same, some of them amplified, other new ones appeared by sometimes creating „the avalanche effect", so it is difficult to estimate and to stop their consequences. Constantly facing new challenges, customs administrations should remain reactive when it comes to managing emerging risks. Risk management in combination with other essential constituents customs, indicate direction of the XXI century in this field. This paper aims to analyze the risks faced by customs, the possibility of analyzing and measuring the risks and their management directions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 39352.
Date of creation: 09 Jun 2012
Date of revision:
risks; evaluation; indicators; analysis; monitoring; review;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- M42 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Auditing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anne-Marie GEOURJON & Bertrand LAPORTE, 2004. "Risk Management for Targeting Customs Controls in Developing Countries: A Risky Venture for Revenue Performance?," Working Papers 200416, CERDI.
- Knight, Gary A., 2001. "Entrepreneurship and strategy in the international SME," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 155-171.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.