Rôle de l'internationalisation des entreprises tunisiennes de service dans la promotion de l'innovation
[Role of the Tunisian service firms internationalization in promoting innovation]
AbstractService innovation is a key element in firms’ performance. However, most studies have paid particular attention to the analysis of business’ internal resources and their effects on innovation, regardless to the role of some other relevant characteristics such as external environment of firms. Using a sample of 108 Tunisian service firms, the goal of this paper is to analyze the relationship between internationalization and innovation which represents a central issue in the international business literature. Our results confirm that internationalization enhances a firm’s innovation capacity. This result suggests that access to external knowledge clearly explains the innovation performance of Tunisian firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 34036.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Innovation capacity; Internationalization; Service sector;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-10-22 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CIS-2011-10-22 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CSE-2011-10-22 (Economics of Strategic Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan De Loecker, 2004.
"Do Exports Generate Higher Productivity? Evidence from Slovenia,"
LICOS Discussion Papers, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven
15104, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- De Loecker, Jan, 2007. "Do exports generate higher productivity? Evidence from Slovenia," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 69-98, September.
- Bruno Crepon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairessec, 1998.
"Research, Innovation And Productivi[Ty: An Econometric Analysis At The Firm Level,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 115-158.
- Bruno Crepon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 1998. "Research, Innovation, and Productivity: An Econometric Analysis at the Firm Level," NBER Working Papers 6696, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno Crépon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 1998. "Research, Innovation and Productivity : An Econometric Analysis at the Firm Level," Working Papers, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique 98-33, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- James Love & Stephen Roper, 1999. "The Determinants of Innovation: R & D, Technology Transfer and Networking Effects," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2010. "The internationalization of firms in the service industries: channels, determinants and sectoral patterns," MPRA Paper 26548, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jacques Mairesse & Bruno Crépon & Emmanuel Duguet, 2000. "Mesurer le rendement de l'innovation," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, Programme National Persée, vol. 334(1), pages 65-78.
- Luísa Ferreira Lopes & Manuel Mira Godinho, 2005. "Services Innovation and Economic Performance An analysis at the firm level," DRUID Working Papers, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies 05-08, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.