Structural convergence among selected European countries. Multidimensional analysis
AbstractThe main aim of the paper to test for structural convergence among arbitrary selected European countries. The authors choose four transition economies: Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovak Republic which are widely recognized as structurally similar economies. All four countries` economy structures are consequently compared with the structure of German economy – here selected as the reference country. The authors want to find out whether it is possible to confirm the hypothesis about the structural convergence between the four selected economies and Germany. The data sample covers the period of 2000-2007. The empirical part of analysis bases on 18 different indicators connected with the economy structure. To verify the hypothesis the authors apply multidimensional taxonomy methods
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 33656.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
structural convergence; structural changes;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2011-10-01 (European Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2011-10-01 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-TRA-2011-10-01 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moshe Syrquin, 2007.
"Kuznets and Pasinetti on the Study of Structural Transformation: Never the Twain Shall Meet?,"
ICER Working Papers
46-2007, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Syrquin, Moshe, 2010. "Kuznets and Pasinetti on the study of structural transformation: Never the Twain shall meet?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 248-257, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.