Evaluating the direct costs of controlling NOx emissions in Europe
AbstractThis study summarises the available information on the costs of those nitrogen oxides abatement technologies in operation at present or coming into operation in the near future. Relying on disaggregated source data and using engineering cost functions and various technical and economic assumptions, the least cost curves of nitrogen oxides abatement for all the European countries have been derived and some examples are presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 33253.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Denitrification; Abatement costs;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Halkos, George E., 1993. "Sulphur abatement policy: Implications of cost differentials," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1035-1043, October.
- George Halkos, 1994. "Optimal abatement of sulphur emissions in Europe," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 127-150, April.
- Highton, N. H. & Webb, Michael G., 1980. "Sulphur dioxide from electricity generation Policy options for pollution control," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 61-76, March.
- Maler, Karl-Goran, 1990. "International Environmental Problems," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 80-108, Spring.
- George Halkos & John Hutton, . "Acid Rain Games in Europe," Discussion Papers, Department of Economics, University of York 93/12, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Halkos, George, 2013. "Cost-effectiveness analysis in reducing nutrient loading in Baltic and Black Seas: A review," MPRA Paper 52296, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George, 2014. "The Economics of Climate Change Policy: Critical review and future policy directions," MPRA Paper 56841, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George, 1997. "Modelling optimal nitrogen oxides abatement in Europe," MPRA Paper 33132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.