Recession, taxes and economic growth
AbstractThe current economic situation forces the governments to find solution how to promote economic growth. Economic theory suggests that differences in taxation may play a role in explaining differences in economic performance. The paper summarizes common features tax related measures used to tackling the economic recession in the European Union and it also points out the effect of taxes on economic activity presented by empirical studies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 32355.
Date of creation: May 2010
Date of revision:
recession; economic crisis; taxation; corporate income tax; personal income tax; value added tax;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roderick Hill, 2008. "Optimal taxation and economic growth: a comment," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 419-427, March.
- Lee, Young & Gordon, Roger H., 2005. "Tax structure and economic growth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 89(5-6), pages 1027-1043, June.
- Romero-Ávila, Diego & Strauch, Rolf, 2008. "Public finances and long-term growth in Europe: Evidence from a panel data analysis," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 172-191, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.