Editorial Preferences Towards "Industrial Organization" in Selected Journals
AbstractThis empirical study evaluates the relative importance of articles in Industrial Organization published in major generalist or specialized scientific joumals, using the new 1991 J.E.L. classification system. Contributions are regrouped according to the type of article: theoretical analysis (L100-L390); public policy (L400-LS90); industry studies (L600-L990). A rate of multiple reference index has been introduced to examine the degree of relationship between those three categories and used as a proxy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27836.
Date of creation: Mar 2000
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Rivista di Scienza Ekonomiche e Comerciali 1.17(2000): pp. 167-175
Generalist or specialised journals; EconLit; editorial policy; journal contents;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L00 - Industrial Organization - - General - - - General
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zivney, Terry L & Bertin, William J, 1992. " Publish or Perish: What the Competition Is Really Doing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 295-329, March.
- David Figlio, 1994. "Trends in the Publication of Empirical Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 179-187, Summer.
- Persson, Mats, 1998. " The First Century of The Scandinavian Journal of Economics," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(1), pages 1-9, March.
- Lovell, Michael C, 1973. "The Production of Economic Literature: An Interpretation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 27-55, March.
- Colander, David, 1989. "Research on the Economics Profession," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 137-48, Fall.
- Posner, Richard A., 1997. "The future of the law and economics movement in Europe," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 3-14, March.
- Scott, Loren C & Mitias, Peter M, 1996. "Trends in Rankings of Economics Departments in the U.S.: An Update," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(2), pages 378-400, April.
- Mirucki, Jean, 2009. "Assessing trends in editorial preferences towards 'Industrial Organization' articles: 1991-2000," MPRA Paper 31168, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2009.
- Mirucki, Jean, 2009. "Assessing trends in editorial preferences towards industrial organization article," MPRA Paper 30406, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2009.
- Mirucki, Jean, 2007.
"Visibilité des contributions en économie industrielle dans les revues scientifiques internationales
[Visibility of contributions in Industrial Organization in international scientific journals]," MPRA Paper 31688, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2007.
- Mirucki, Jean, 2000.
"Présence des travaux sur la comptabilité nationale et sur le SNC93 dans la base de données EconLit
[Presence of Investigations on National Accounting and on the SNA93 Included in the EconLit Databa," MPRA Paper 27724, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mirucki, Jean, 2001.
"Analyse comparative de la visibilité des articles en économie industrielle: 1991-98
[Comparative Analysis of Industrial Organization Contributions in English-Speaking and French-Speaking Journals]," MPRA Paper 30399, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2000.
- Jean Mirucki, 2001. "Contributions in Industrial Organization, by Linguistic Groups, in Selected Journals," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 243-254, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.