Coyuntura económica y variación en la valoración financiera de una marca
[Economic conditions and changes in the financial valuation of a brand]
AbstractIt is increasingly common to use concepts such as intangible assets or intellectual capital. It has been frequent buying and selling companies for prices much higher value than book value. In this context, it seems relevant to study how to determine the brand financial value (global brand)-understood as a set of visual elements, intellectual property rights and all organizational elements that have a business- as well as its role increasing the market price of the company. The theoretical development is illustrated by a case study in particular: Adolfo Domínguez. It is noted that the assessments, using the same pattern but changing some parameters, vary in a range between about 43 and more than 61 million Euros. It is therefore concluded that, even in the most objective models appear subjective and economic circumstances that influence the market by providing higher valuations in good times and lower valuations in times of crisis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27490.
Date of creation: 25 Nov 2010
Date of revision:
Brand value; Hirose; Economic conditions; finance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-IPR-2010-12-23 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MKT-2010-12-23 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cravens, Karen S. & Guilding, Chris, 1999. "Strategic brand valuation: A cross-functional perspective," Business Horizons, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 53-62.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.