Determinants of Short-Term Export Performance in Pakistan
AbstractThis research investigates the interdependency between independent (Increase of pricing strategy adaptation, Increase of export intensity, Firm's commitment to exporting, Export market development, Export market competition, Past Pricing Strategy Adaptation, Past Export Performance Satisfaction, Past Export Intensity, Export market distance) and dependent variables (i.e. Expected Short-Term Export Performance improvement) of export performance. The framework is tested via a survey through questionnaire from industrial exporters of textile in Pakistan. Findings revealed that the past export performance satisfaction is positively correlated with Past export performance satisfaction and it is the only important indicator that is associated significantly to short-term export performance improvement in textile sector of Pakistan.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 26376.
Date of creation: 01 Nov 2010
Date of revision: 01 Nov 2010
International Trade; short-term export performance; Past export performance satisfaction; textile sector of Pakistan.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P33 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - International Trade, Finance, Investment, Business, and Aid
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luis Filipe Lages & Sandy D Jap & David A Griffith, 2008. "The role of past performance in export ventures: a short-term reactive approach," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(2), pages 304-325, March.
- Lages, Luis Filipe & Leal, Ana Catarina, 2004. "Determinants of Expected Short-term Export Performance Improvement: An Empirical Study of Industrial Exporters," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp463, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.