An Econometric Model of Tourism Demand in France
AbstractThis case study gives an overview of the tourism demand in France by using an econometric model. The study covers the period between 1975 and 2003. Five developed countries have been selected, and the choice of the countries is based upon the fact that continuous data on all relevant variables are available only for those countries. The results show a positive relationship between tourist expenditures and generating country GDP, and a negative relation between tourist expenditures and relative prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 25390.
Date of creation: 07 Jul 2006
Date of revision: 30 Dec 2006
Publication status: Published in TOURISMOS: An International Multidisciplinary Refereed Journal of Tourism 1.2(2007): pp. 115-126
tourism demand; tourist expenditures; national income; relative prices;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James G. MacKinnon, 2010.
"Critical Values for Cointegration Tests,"
Working Papers, Queen's University, Department of Economics
1227, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- James G. MacKinnon, 1990. "Critical Values for Cointegration Tests," Working Papers, Queen's University, Department of Economics 1227, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Witt, Stephen F. & Witt, Christine A., 1995. "Forecasting tourism demand: A review of empirical research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 447-475, September.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Ong, Christine, 1995. "Tourism demand models: a critique," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 367-372.
- McAleer, Michael, 1994. " Sherlock Holmes and the Search for Truth: A Diagnostic Tale," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 317-70, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.