Markets of loans provided to household and their integration measured by price indicators
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to assess with price indicators the extent to which markets of loans provided to households in Visegrad countries are integrated with euro zone countries. Analysis of alignment and beta and sigma convergence concept showed that mortgage loan markets were much more integrated than consumer loan markets in period from January 2005 to March 2010. Czech and Slovak consumer loans market and Polish and Hungarian mortgage loans market have statistically significant relatively higher speed of convergence. However, barriers of integration are still very important.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 25250.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
credit market integration; price indicators; beta convergence; sigma convergence;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-10-02 (Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2010-10-02 (European Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2010-10-02 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lieven Baele & Annalisa Ferrando & Peter Hördahl & Elizaveta Krylova & Cyril Monnet, 2004. "Measuring financial integration in the euro area," Occasional Paper Series 14, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.