Le Rapport Industrie - Agriculture Et Le Developpement Economique
[Industry-Agriculture Relationship and Economic Development]
AbstractThe structure of a national economy is generally correlated with the stage of economic development. In economic history, it was demonstrated a trend from a first stage when agriculture predominated to last stage when the sector of services is the largest. In this context, the complex relationship between industry and agriculture is analysed. Moreover, a set of models to simulate the structural changes and to quantify their impact on the general process of economic development are proposed. For Romania, as an eastern country prepared to enter in a long transition period, the impact of structural changes could be in the same time profitably but also dramatically. In this way, a number of variants regarding the future impact of structural changes on efficiency, energy and food consumption, quality of life, environment, etc. are comparatively analysed and few measures to be considered by policy makers are proposed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20660.
Date of creation: Jul 1991
Date of revision:
industry-agriculture relationship; models of structural changes; economic development;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- P24 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - National Income, Product, and Expenditure; Money; Inflation
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albu, Lucian-Liviu, 1986.
"Un modèle d’analyse de la modification structurelle des investissements par stades de développement économique
[A model to analyse structural changes of investment by economic development stag," MPRA Paper 13919, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kendrick, John W, 1972. "The Treatment of Intangible Resources as Capital," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 18(1), pages 109-25, March.
- Solow, Robert M., 2000. "Growth Theory: An Exposition," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780195109030.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.