Income and migration revisited
AbstractWhile there was no abstract for this paper, it provides a theoretical model and empirical results that support an important role for climate in the human location/relocation decision.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19910.
Date of creation: 1979
Date of revision:
climate; amenities; human migration; regional growth and decline; weather;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- N9 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cebula, Richard & Vedder, Richard, 1972. "A Note on Migration, Economic Opportunity, and the Quality of Life," MPRA Paper 49824, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Jul 1972.
- Greenwood, Michael J, 1975. "Research on Internal Migration in the United States: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 397-433, June.
- Graves, Philip E., 1976. "A reexamination of migration, economic opportunity, and the quality of life," MPRA Paper 19918, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graves, Philip E. & Marchand, James R. & Sexton, Robert L., 2002. "Hedonic wage equations for higher education faculty," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 491-496, October.
- Glazyrina, Anna & Shaik, Saleem, 2011. "Evaluating the Role of Migration on Technical Efficiency," 2011 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2011, Corpus Christi, Texas 98911, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Consuelo Gámez Amián & José Ignacio García Pérez, 2002. "Flujos Migratorios entre provincias andaluzas y entre éstas y el resto de España," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/01, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.