A reexamination of migration, economic opportunity, and the quality of life
AbstractThe paper lacks an abstract, but corrects an earlier paper and introduces a more nuanced approach to the role of climate in human location and relocation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19918.
Date of creation: 1976
Date of revision:
migration; amenities; climate; weather; regional growth and decline;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- N9 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Cheshire & Stefano Magrini, 2006.
"Population growth in European cities: Weather matters - but only nationally,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 23-37.
- Paul Cheshire & Stefano Magrini, 2005. "Population Growth in European Cities: weather matters – but only nationally," Urban/Regional 0506009, EconWPA.
- Paul Cheshire & Stefano Magrini, 2005. "Population Growth in European Cities - Weather Matters, but only Nationally," ERSA conference papers ersa05p12, European Regional Science Association.
- Mark D. Partridge & M. Rose Olfert, 2011.
"The Winners' Choice: Sustainable Economic Strategies for Successful 21st-Century Regions,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 143-178.
- Mark D., Partridge & M. Rose, Olfert, 2010. "The Winner's Choice: Sustainable Economic Strategies for Successful 21st Century Regions," MPRA Paper 29646, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark Partridge & Rose Olfert, 2011. "The Winners' Choice: Sustainable Economic Strategies for Successful 21st Century Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1655, European Regional Science Association.
- Sarah Low & Jason Henderson & Stephan Weiler, 2005. "Gauging a region's entrepreneurial potential," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 61-89.
- Weiler, Stephan, . "Building Community Visions of Assets, Competitiveness, & Partnerships: A Stateâ€™s Role in Rural Economic Development," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association.
- Ronald Gunderson & Pin Ng, 2006. "Summarizing the Effect of a Wide Array of Amenity Measures into Simple Components," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 79(2), pages 313-335, November.
- Cebula, Richard, 1984. "Living Costs, The Quality of Life, and the "Sunbelt" vs "Frostbelt" Battle in the United states," MPRA Paper 52055, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wei-Bin Zhang, 2014. "Multi-regional economic growth with public good and regional fiscal policies in a small-open economy," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 409-429, March.
- B. Biagi & D. Lambiri & V. Royuela, 2006.
"Quality of Life in the Economic and Urban Economic Literature,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200610, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Dionysia Lambiri & Bianca Biagi & Vicente Royuela, 2007. "Quality of Life in the Economic and Urban Economic Literature," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 1-25, October.
- Hernán Enriquez Sierra & Jacobo Campo Robledo, 2012.
"Equilibrio regional y patrones de migración para el continente americano 1960 - 2005: Análisis espacial por panel de datos,"
DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO
010388, UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DE COLOMBIA.
- Enríquez Sierra, Hernán & Campo Robledo, Jacobo, 2012.
"Equilibrio regional y patrones de migración para el continente americano 1960 - 2005: Análisis espacial por panel de datos
[Regional equilibrium and migration patterns in the Americas 1960 - 2005," MPRA Paper 43433, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Enríquez Sierra, Hernán & Campo Robledo, Jacobo, 2012. "Equilibrio regional y patrones de migración para el continente americano 1960 - 2005: Análisis espacial por panel de datos
- Paul C. Cheshire and Stefano Magrini, 2009.
"Urban Growth Drivers and Spatial Inequalities: Europe - a Case with Geographically Sticky People,"
Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs)
1, London School of Economics / European Institute.
- Paul Cheshire & Stefano Magrini, 2008. "Urban Growth Drivers and Spatial Inequalities: Europe - a case with geographically sticky people," Working Papers 2008_32, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Paul C. Cheshire & Stefano Magrini, 2010. "Urban Growth Drivers and Spatial Inequalities: Europe - a Case with Geographically Sticky People," LEQS â LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 11, European Institute, LSE.
- Paul_Cheshire & Stefano_Magrini, 2004. "Population Growth in European Cities: weather matters – but only nationally," Urban/Regional 0410001, EconWPA.
- M. Olfert & Murray Jelinski & Dimitrios Zikos & John Campbell, 2012. "Human capital drift up the urban hierarchy: veterinarians in Western Canada," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 551-570, October.
- Hernán Enríquez Sierra & Jacobo Campo Robledo, 2013. "Regional equilibrium and migration patterns in the Americas 1960-2005: Spatial data panel analysis," WORKING PAPERS 010478, UNIVERSIDAD SERGIO ARBOLEDA.
- Consuelo Gámez Amián & José Ignacio García Pérez, 2002. "Flujos Migratorios entre provincias andaluzas y entre éstas y el resto de España," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/01, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Dusan Paredes, 2012. "Alternative theories for explaining the spatial wage inequality: a multilevel competition among human capital, NEG and amenities," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 20, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2012.
- Graves, Philip E., 1979. "Income and migration revisited," MPRA Paper 19910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabian Waltert & Felix Schlaepfer, 2007. "The role of landscape amenities in regional development: a survey of migration, regional economic and hedonic pricing studies," SOI - Working Papers 0710, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.