The Problems of Correlation in the Financial Risk Management – the Contribution of Microfinance
AbstractIn this paper we first introduce microfinance institutions as an alternative investment instrument. We argue that beside socially responsible features of microfinance, there exists also significant portfolio enhancement opportunity in microfinance investments. Then we provide an overview of possible ways how to evaluate the correlation between microfinance related financial instruments and conventional financial market measures of risk and return.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19486.
Date of creation: 21 Dec 2009
Date of revision:
Microfinance; Investment; Funds;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2010-01-16 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-MFD-2010-01-16 (Microfinance)
- NEP-RMG-2010-01-16 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michal Bauer & Julie Chytilová & Jonathan Morduch, 2008.
"Behavioral Foundations of Microcredit: Experimental and Survey Evidence From Rural India,"
Working Papers IES
2008/28, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Nov 2008.
- Michal Bauer & Julie Chytilova & Jonathan Morduch, 2012. "Behavioral Foundations of Microcredit: Experimental and Survey Evidence from Rural India," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(2), pages 1118-39, April.
- Bauer, Michal & Chytilová, Julie & Morduch, Jonathan, 2010. "Behavioral Foundations of Microcredit: Experimental and Survey Evidence from Rural India," IZA Discussion Papers 4901, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lenka DOKULILOVÁ & Karel Janda & Pavel ZETEK, 2009.
"Sustainability of Microfinance Institutions in Financial Crisis,"
European Financial and Accounting Journal,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2009(2), pages 7-33.
- Dokulilova, Lenka & Janda, Karel & Zetek, Pavel, 2009. "Sustainability of microfinance institutions in financial crisis," MPRA Paper 17696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karel Janda & Barbora Svárovská, 2009. "Investing into Microfinance Investment Funds," Working Papers IES 2009/32, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Dec 2009.
- William F. Sharpe, 1965. "Mutual Fund Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 119.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.