La acumulación de capital en la Argentina en la posguerra
[Postwar capital accumulation in Argentina]
AbstractThis essay suggest a theoretical framework for studying the accumulation process in an historical perspective. This framework comprises the expansion routes effectively or potentially open to big firm growth, available channels for funding investment expenditures and the barriers to corporate growth emerging in both the abovementioned spheres. Based on this framework the essay offers a review of the literature on problems for capital accumulation in Argentina. As a result, it is suggested, a new view of this topic emerges. Several similarities with other Latin American countries are marked.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19310.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
large firms - capital accumulation - industrialization - import substitution - national bourgeoisie - postwar period;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O54 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan M. Taylor, 1997.
"Argentina and the World Capital Market: Saving, Investment, and International Capital Mobility in the Twentieth Century,"
NBER Working Papers
6302, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taylor, Alan M., 1998. "Argentina and the world capital market: saving, investment, and international capital mobility in the twentieth century," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 147-184, October.
- Chandler, Alfred Jr., 1982. "The M-form: Industrial groups, American style," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-23.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.