Localización de la industria manufacturera en Colombia 1990-1999
[The manufacturing industry in the Colombian Caribbean 1990-1999 (in Spanish)]
AbstractThis article analyzes factors which, in light of the classical industrial location theory, account for the location of manufacturing industries in Colombia. The document shows how it is that agglomeration economies represent the paramount determiner which explains the localition choices of firms. The study was based upon data stemming from the Yearly Manufacture Survey through the use of 4-digit Standard International Industrial Classification disaggregation for Colombia’s 8 top metropolitan areas over the 1990-1999 term. The pattern, estimated by means of data panels, shows the effect exerted by variables such as work-related costs, land prices, taxpaying, income and agglomeration economies upon the location choices of manufacturing industries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 1774.
Date of creation: May 2004
Date of revision: Jul 2004
Publication status: Published in Economía & Región No.2.Vol.1(2004): pp. 5-39
industrial location; manufacturing industries ; agglomeration economies ; Colombia;
Other versions of this item:
- Daniel Toro GonzÃ¡lez, 2007. "LocalizaciÃ³n de la industria manufacturera en Colombia 1990-1999," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO, UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÃ“GICA DE BOLÃVAR 004299, UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÃ“GICA DE BOLÃVAR.
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- JosÃ© Carlos RamÃrez & Ali Hauser, 1996. "La localizaciÃ³n industrial en los sistemas rÃgidos y flexibles de producciÃ³n: un punto de partida para nuevos desarrollos teÃ³ricos," Economia Mexicana NUEVA EPOCA, , vol. 0(1), pages 99-129, January-J.
- Luis Armando Galvis Aponte, 1999. "RecomposiciÃ³n del empleo industrial en Colombia, 1974-1996," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO SOBRE ECONOMÃA REGIONAL, BANCO DE LA REPÃšBLICA - ECONOMÃA REGIONAL 003419, BANCO DE LA REPÃšBLICA - ECONOMÃA REGIONAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.