Colombian regions: Competitive or complementary?
AbstractThis paper analyses the characteristics of interregional competition and complementarity in Colombia during the period 1960-2000. The analysis is based on an application of the Dendrinos-Sonis model which is calculated using the SUR estimator. The evidence shows a country with a low level of integration among the different regions and a high level of competition. These findings are consistent with the observed income polarization process. Policymakers must take into account the competitive regional relationships to propose adequate policies such as the adoption of regional redistribution strategies, or other interventions that might enhance regional interaction and integration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO in its journal REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaime Bonet, .
"Regional Structural Changes in Colombia: An Input-Output Approach,"
Borradores de Economia
341, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Jaime Bonet, 2005. "Regional Structural Changes In Colombia: An Input-Output Approach," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003440, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Fernando S. Perobelli & Jaime Bonet & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, .
"Structural Interdependence among Colombian Departments,"
Borradores de Economia
517, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Fernando Salgueiro Perobelli & Eduardo Amaral Haddad & Jaime Bonet Moron & Geoffrey Hewings, 2010. "Structural Interdependence Among Colombian Departments," Economic Systems Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 279-300.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Fernando S. Perobelli & Jaime Bonet & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2008. "Structural Interdependence among Colombian Departments," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 004722, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Yiannis Kamarianakis & Vagelis Kaslis, 2005. "Geographical competition-complementarity relationships between Greek regional economies," ERSA conference papers ersa05p552, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publicaciones Economía).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.