Colombian regions: Competitive or complementary?
AbstractThis paper analyses the characteristics of interregional competition and complementarity in Colombia during the period 1960-2000. The analysis is based on an application of the Dendrinos-Sonis model which is calculated using the SUR estimator. The evidence shows a country with a low level of integration among the different regions and a high level of competition. These findings are consistent with the observed income polarization process. Policymakers must take into account the competitive regional relationships to propose adequate policies such as the adoption of regional redistribution strategies, or other interventions that might enhance regional interaction and integration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO in its journal REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Fernando S. Perobelli & Jaime Bonet & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2008.
"Structural Interdependence among Colombian Departments,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
004722, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Fernando Salgueiro Perobelli & Eduardo Amaral Haddad & Jaime Bonet Moron & Geoffrey Hewings, 2010. "Structural Interdependence Among Colombian Departments," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 279-300.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Fernando S. Perobelli & Jaime Bonet & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, . "Structural Interdependence among Colombian Departments," Borradores de Economia 517, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Yiannis Kamarianakis & Vagelis Kaslis, 2005. "Geographical competition-complementarity relationships between Greek regional economies," ERSA conference papers ersa05p552, European Regional Science Association.
- Jaime Bonet, 2005.
"Regional Structural Changes In Colombia: An Input-Output Approach,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
003440, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Jaime Bonet, . "Regional Structural Changes in Colombia: An Input-Output Approach," Borradores de Economia 341, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publicaciones Economía).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.