Commerce, finance et croissance économique au Cameroun
[Commerce, finance and economics growth in Cameroun]
AbstractThis paper examine the impact of finance, mesured by a composite indicator of financial development, and the trade, mesured by the openness, on the economic growth. It uses annual data over the periode 1979-2004 and apply the bound testing approach of cointegration advanced by Pesaran and al (2001). This approch have many advantages, especially when there are not enough observations. The empirical findings suggest that at long run, financial development play an important role in enhancing economic growth whereas the openness seems braking the economic growth. There exist also a short run relations, even slow, which assure adjustment towards long-run equilibrium. Elsewhere, the remunerative interest rate of the saving has a negative impact on economic growth, both at short run and long run.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 17737.
Date of creation: 10 Feb 2009
Date of revision:
Cameroon; Finance; Trade; Economic growth; Cointégration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arshad Khan, Muhammad & Qayyum, Abdul, 2007.
"Trade,Financial and Growth Nexus in Pakistan,"
6523, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Muhammad Abdul Qayyum, 2007. "Trade, Financial and Growth Nexus in Pakistan," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2013), Colexio de Economistas de A CoruÃ±a, Spain and FundaciÃ³n Una Galicia Moderna, Colexio de Economistas de A CoruÃ±a, Spain and FundaciÃ³n Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 6, pages 1-24, December.
- Kelly, Roger & Mavrotas, George, 2003. "Financial Sector Development - Futile or Fruitful? An Examination of the Determinants of Savings in Sri Lanka," Working Paper Series, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.