Financial Sector Development - Futile or Fruitful? An Examination of the Determinants of Savings in Sri Lanka
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper DP2003/14.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
saving; financial sector development; cointegration; principal components; Sri Lanka;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oriana Bandiera & Gerard Caprio Jr. & Patrick Honohan & Fabio Schiantarelli, 1998.
"Does Financial Reform Raise or Reduce Savings?,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
413, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Loayza, N. & Schmidt, K. & Serven, L., 1999.
"What Drives Private Saving Across the World?,"
47, Cambridge - Risk, Information & Quantity Signals.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992. "Cointegration in partial systems and the efficiency of single-equation analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 389-402, June.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1999.
"A new database on financial development and structure,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2146, The World Bank.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Demirgüç-Kunt, A. & Levine, R., 2000. "A new database on financial development and structure," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3125518, Tilburg University.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco, 1992.
"Saving, Growth and Liquidity Constraints,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
662, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Tim Callen & Christian Thimann, 1997. "Empirical Determinants of Household Saving," IMF Working Papers 97/181, International Monetary Fund.
- Cardenas, Mauricio & Escobar, Andres, 1998.
"Saving determinants in Colombia: 1925-1994,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 5-44, October.
- Sarantis, Nicholas & Stewart, Chris, 2001. "Saving Behaviour in OECD Countries: Evidence from Panel Cointegration Tests," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 69(0), pages 22-41, Supplemen.
- Demetriades, Panicos O & Luintel, Kul B, 1996. "Banking Sector Policies and Financial Development in Nepal," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(2), pages 355-72, May.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1996. "Why are Latin America's savings rates so low? An international comparative analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 5-44, October.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Abdul Qayyum, 2006.
"Trade Liberalisation, Financial Sector Reforms, and Growth,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 711-731.
- Khan, M. Arshad & Qayyum, Abdul, 2006. "Trade Liberalization, Financial Sector Reforms and Growth," MPRA Paper 2655, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Arshad Khan, Muhammad & Qayyum, Abdul, 2007.
"Trade,Financial and Growth Nexus in Pakistan,"
6523, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Muhammad Abdul Qayyum, 2007. "Trade, Financial and Growth Nexus in Pakistan," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2013), Colexio de Economistas de A Coruña, Spain and Fundación Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 6, pages 1-24, December.
- Qazi Hye & Wee-Yeap Lau & Marie-Aimée Tourres, 2014. "Does economic liberalization promote economic growth in Pakistan? An empirical analysis," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 2097-2119, July.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ur Rehman, Ijaz, 2013. "Multivariate–Based Granger Causality between Financial Deepening and Poverty: The Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 50834, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Oct 2013.
- Karunarathne, Wasana & Abeysinghe, Tilak, 2005. "Does mandatory pension savings crowd out private savings?: The experience of Sri Lanka," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 830-846, October.
- Alia, Didier & Chassem Tchatchum, Nacisse Palissy, 2009.
"Commerce, finance et croissance économique au Cameroun
[Commerce, finance and economics growth in Cameroun]," MPRA Paper 17737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.