Financial Sector Development - Futile or Fruitful? An Examination of the Determinants of Savings in Sri Lanka
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper DP2003/14.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
saving; financial sector development; cointegration; principal components; Sri Lanka;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Norman Loayza & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Luis Servén, 2000.
"What Drives Private Saving Across the World?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 165-181, May.
- Norman Loayza & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Luis Servén, 1999. "What Drives Private Saving Across the World?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 47, Central Bank of Chile.
- Loayza, N. & Schmidt, K. & Serven, L., 1999. "What Drives Private Saving Across the World?," Papers 47, Cambridge - Risk, Information & Quantity Signals.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992. "Cointegration in partial systems and the efficiency of single-equation analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 389-402, June.
- Tim Callen & Christian Thimann, 1997. "Empirical Determinants of Household Saving," IMF Working Papers 97/181, International Monetary Fund.
- Andrés Escobar & Mauricio Cardenas, 1997.
"Savings Determinants in Colombia: 1925-1994,"
Research Department Publications
3009, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco, 1994.
"Saving, Growth, and Liquidity Constraints,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 83-109, February.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1999.
"A new database on financial development and structure,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2146, The World Bank.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Demirgüç-Kunt, A. & Levine, R., 2000. "A new database on financial development and structure," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3125518, Tilburg University.
- Oriana Bandiera & Gerard Caprio & Patrick Honohan & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2000.
"Does Financial Reform Raise or Reduce Saving?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 239-263, May.
- Demetriades, Panicos O & Luintel, Kul B, 1996. "Banking Sector Policies and Financial Development in Nepal," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(2), pages 355-72, May.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Sarantis, Nicholas & Stewart, Chris, 2001. "Saving Behaviour in OECD Countries: Evidence from Panel Cointegration Tests," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 69(0), pages 22-41, Supplemen.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1996. "Why are Latin America's savings rates so low? An international comparative analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 5-44, October.
- Arshad Khan, Muhammad & Qayyum, Abdul, 2007.
"Trade,Financial and Growth Nexus in Pakistan,"
6523, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Muhammad Abdul Qayyum, 2007. "Trade, Financial and Growth Nexus in Pakistan," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2013), Colexio de Economistas de A Coruña, Spain and Fundación Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 6, pages 1-24, December.
- Alia, Didier & Chassem Tchatchum, Nacisse Palissy, 2009.
"Commerce, finance et croissance économique au Cameroun
[Commerce, finance and economics growth in Cameroun]," MPRA Paper 17737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ur Rehman, Ijaz, 2013. "Multivariate–Based Granger Causality between Financial Deepening and Poverty: The Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 50834, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Oct 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.