Option Pricing Under the Variance Gamma Process
AbstractIn this dissertation we price European and American vanilla and barrier options assuming that the underlying follows the variance gamma process. We solve numerically the problem implementing a finite difference algorithm and we present numerical experiments on the option pricing. This dissertation includes detailed algorithms as well as programming code in C++ to price European and American vanilla and barrier options under variance gamma.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15395.
Date of creation: Apr 2004
Date of revision:
Variance Gamma Process; Option Pricing Under Variance Gamma; Numerical Solution of Option Prices Under Variance Gamma; Numerical Solution of Variance Gamma PIDE; Numerical Solutions of Variance Gamma Partial Differential Equation; Programming Code for Variance Gamma Option Pricing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lam, K. & Chang, E. & Lee, M. C., 2002. "An empirical test of the variance gamma option pricing model," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 267-285, June.
- Geman, Helyette, 2002. "Pure jump Levy processes for asset price modelling," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1297-1316, July.
- Geman, Hélyette & Carr, Peter & Madan, Dilip B. & Yor, Marc, 2003. "Stochastic Volatility for Levy Processes," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1392, Paris Dauphine University.
- Peter Carr & Liuren Wu, 2002.
"Time-Changed Levy Processes and Option Pricing,"
- Madan, Dilip B & Seneta, Eugene, 1990. "The Variance Gamma (V.G.) Model for Share Market Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(4), pages 511-24, October.
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman, 2002. "The Fine Structure of Asset Returns: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 305-332, April.
- Frank Milne & Dilip Madan, 1991.
"Option Pricing With V. G. Martingale Components,"
1159, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Thierry Ané & Hélyette Geman, 2000. "Order Flow, Transaction Clock, and Normality of Asset Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(5), pages 2259-2284, October.
- Filippo Fiorani & Elisa Luciano, 2006. "Credit risk in pure jump structural models," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 6-2006, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.