Entrepreneurship, methodologies in higher education an experience in a portuguese business school
AbstractToday entrepreneurship education is an important issue to improve the process of creating new firm assuming new risks and rewards. The theoretical discussion about around the question: “Entrepreneurs are born or made?” assume that is possible educate to be entrepreneurs. Schools have an important role in this process. Believing in this possibility our Business School developed a set of pedagogical methodologies supported in apprenticeship based on “learning by doing”. This pedagogical methodology was created through a study of best practices. This study aims to propose a set of innovative methodologies and students perceptions about their apprenticeship experience/process. The study concludes with a set of recommendations and a best practices manual useful to appliance in higher education.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12123.
Date of creation: 12 Dec 2008
Date of revision:
Innovative methodologies; entrepreneurship education; learning by doing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2008-12-21 (Education)
- NEP-ENT-2008-12-21 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LAB-2008-12-21 (Labour Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donato Iacobucci & Alessandra Micozzi, 2010. "Entrepreneurship education in Italian universities: trend, situation and opportunities," Working Papers 1006, c.MET-05 - Centro interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Vesper, Karl H. & Gartner, William B., 1997. "Measuring progress in entrepreneurship education," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 403-421, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.