Impact of Foreign Aid on Economic Development in Pakistan [1960-2002]
AbstractThe Two-Gap Model suggests that the Poor countries have to rely on the foreign resources to fill the two Gaps: Import-Export Gap and the Savings-Investment Gap. There are many forms of the foreign resources like FDI (Foreign Direct Investment), External loans & Credit, technical assistance, Project & non-project aid etc. But UDC’s (including Pakistan) don’t have the investment friendly policies. So, they have to rely on the Foreign aid and Debt rather than FDI and portfolio investments. The role of these external resources always remains questionable. This paper analyzes the trends and structure of the foreign aid in Pakistan during 1960-2002 and its role and effectiveness in the economic development in Pakistan.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 1211.
Date of creation: Jun 2005
Date of revision:
Foreign capital inflows (FCI); Foreign Aid; Economic Development; Foreign Economic Assistance; Official Development Assistance (ODA); Foreign Debt Burden; Aid and Growth; Trends and Structure of Aid; Aid Effectiveness;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-01-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2007-01-14 (Development)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leff, Nathaniel H, 1969. "Dependency Rates and Savings Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 886-96, December.
- Hasan, Lubna, 1992.
"Dependency Ratio, Foreign Capital Inflows and the Rate of Savings in Pakistan,"
7342, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ashfaque H. Khan & Lubna Hasan & Afia Malik, 1992. "Dependency Ratio, Foreign Capital Inflows and the Rate of Savings in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 31(4), pages 843-856.
- Khan, Ashfaque Hasan & Hasan, Lubna & Malik, Afia, 1992. "Dependency Ratio, Foreign Capital Inflows and the Rate of Savings in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 7348, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rabia Butt & Attiya Yasmin Javid, 2013. "Foreign Aid and the Fiscal Behaviour of Government of Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2013:96, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.