An exact method for a discrete multiobjective linear fractional optimization
AbstractInteger linear fractional programming problem with multiple objective MOILFP is an important field of research and has not received as much attention as did multiple objective linear fractional programming. In this work, we develop a branch and cut algorithm based on continuous fractional optimization, for generating the whole integer efficient solutions of the MOILFP problem. The basic idea of the computation phase of the algorithm is to optimize one of the fractional objective functions, then generate an integer feasible solution. Using the reduced gradients of the objective functions, an efficient cut is built and a part of the feasible domain not containing efficient solutions is truncated by adding this cut. A sample problem is solved using this algorithm, and the main practical advantages of the algorithm are indicated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12097.
Date of creation: 09 Jun 2007
Date of revision: 09 Jan 2008
multiobjective programming; integer programming; linear fractional programming; branch and cut;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Metev, Boyan & Gueorguieva, Dessislava, 2000. "A simple method for obtaining weakly efficient points in multiobjective linear fractional programming problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 386-390, October.
- Costa, Joao Paulo, 2007. "Computing non-dominated solutions in MOLFP," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1464-1475, September.
- Schaible, Siegfried, 1981. "Fractional programming: Applications and algorithms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 111-120, June.
- Zerdani, Ouiza & Moulai, Mustapha, 2011. "Optimization over an integer efficient set of a Multiple Objective Linear Fractional Problem," MPRA Paper 35579, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.