Cooperación en el Caso de la Gestión Hotelera en Cuba: Modelo para su Monitoreo Considerando el Criterio de los Expertos Implicados
[Coopetition in the Case of Hotel Management in Cuba: Model of Corporate Governance considering the Actors Involved]
AbstractThe international expansion of hotel chains is the subject of various sciences and approaches which sits the process and the role of strategic alliances in its performance, but insufficient treatment and considerations from the context in which operate from underdeveloped economies, the main aspect that justifies the present investigation. This paper delves into the multinationals expansion process, their motivations or geographical preferences and their impact on host economies seen from the case study of the hotel business in Cuba . Contributions are relevant practical and theoretical for the development of hotels activities in Cuba. Following the critical appraisal of the actors involved, it is by this that this study presents the main dimensions corroborate the decision to expand into the island and the terms deployed in terms of achieving the interests of the parties on the basis of which we propose a model that highlights the future development paths of the strategies that being designed in this sector.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 11175.
Date of creation: 16 Jul 2008
Date of revision:
internationalisation; strategic alliances; hotel management; case study; Cognitive Maps; Coopetition;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O2 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Farok J Contractor & Sumit K Kundu, 1998. "Modal Choice in a World of Alliances: Analyzing Organizational Forms in the International Hotel Sector," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 29(2), pages 325-356, June.
- Erin Anderson & Hubert Gatignon, 1986. "Modes of Foreign Entry: A Transaction Cost Analysis and Propositions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(3), pages 1-26, September.
- Peter J Buckley & Mark C Casson, 1998. "Analyzing Foreign Market Entry Strategies: Extending the Internalization Approach," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 29(3), pages 539-561, September.
- W Chan Kim & Peter Hwang, 1992. "Global Strategy and Multinationals' Entry Mode Choice," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(1), pages 29-53, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.