Turismo de Prática Desportiva: um Segmento do Mercado de Turismo Desportivo
[Sport Practice Tourism: a segment of the Sport Tourism Market]
AbstractSport Tourism represents the knowledge and the group of practices where Sport and Tourism became interdependent. This overlapping area turns clearly at two levels that might be named by Sport Tourism Spectacle and Sport Tourism Practice. According to Pigeassou  the foundations of sport tourism do not consist purely of classifying sport tourism activities using categories employed in sport activities. In this article we provide a theoretical framework for the understanding of the market segment in Sport Tourism Practice, looking at their client behaviour typology (enthusiastic and casual), their motivations and high lightening the role this framework plays on the tourist destiny development. Furthermore we present some empirical results of a seminal experimental design.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10959.
Date of creation: Aug 2008
Date of revision:
Tourism; Sport; Sport Tourism; Sport Tourism Practice; Sport Tourism Spectacle;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2008-10-13 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2008-10-13 (Marketing)
- NEP-SPO-2008-10-13 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2008-10-13 (Tourism Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.