Desarrollo territorial y economía social
AbstractMany studies state that social economy enterprises are the formulas responsible for generating a business network in rural or depressed areas, bringing about a process of economic development in those areas. One of the possibilities that has often been considered for implementing economic development policies is the possibility of making greater use of cooperativism. However, we should not consider cooperative enterprises to be the only element of transformation; other formulas of social economy can also play an important role. This article presents social economy enterprises, on the whole, as development agents, analysing the consequences that changes in development policy have on the social economy and studying the distinctive features of these enterprises that make them the driving force behind development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2006)
Issue (Month): 55 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Social economy; cooperativism; local and rural development; territory.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Osti, Giorgio, 1997. "Reciprocity and Rural Development in the Action of Two Farmer Cooperatives," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 25(2).
- José G. Vargas-Hernández & Ernesto Guerra-García & María Eugenia Meza-Hernández, 2013.
"Sociointercultural Evaluation For Investment Projects In Indigenous Communities Wixarikas,"
Interdisciplinary Management Research,
Faculty of Economics in Osijek, Croatia, vol. 9, pages 435-456.
- Ernesto Guerra-García & José G. Vargas-Hernández & María Eugenia Meza-Hernández, 2012. "Sociointercultural Evaluation For Investment Project Sin Indigenous Communities Wixarikas," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 12-24, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.