Incentive Auctions and Spectrum Policy
AbstractMy remarks are about spectrum policy, especially a much needed enhancement, incentive auctions. Incentive auctions would allow the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to conduct two-sided auctions—auctions that simultaneously free-up encumbered spectrum and put it to its best use.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton in its series Papers of Peter Cramton with number 11iat.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision: 2012
Publication status: Published in Testimony of Peter Cramton before the United States House Committee on Energy and Commerce, 15 July 2011
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Economics Department, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742-7211
Phone: (202) 318-0520
Fax: (202) 318-0520
Web page: http://www.cramton.umd.edu
Auctions; spectrum auctions; market design; package auction; clock auction; incentive auction;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Auctions
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-13 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Cramton & Evan Kwerel & Gregory Rosston & Andrzej Skrzypacz, 2012.
"Using Spectrum Auctions to Enhance Competition in Wireless Services,"
Papers of Peter Cramton
11ckrs, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2012.
- Peter Cramton & Evan Kwerel & Gregory Rosston & Andrzej Skrzypacz, 2011. "Using Spectrum Auctions to Enhance Competition in Wireless Services," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(S4), pages S167 - S188.
- Peter Cramton & Evan Kwerel & Gregory Rosston & Andrzej Skrzypacz, 2011. "Using Spectrum Auctions to Enhance Competition in Wireless Services," Discussion Papers 10-015, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Cramton, Peter & Kwerel, Evan & Rosston, Gregory L. & Skrzypacz, Andrzej, 2010. "Using Spectrum Auctions to Enhance Competition in Wireless Services," Working paper 48, Regulation2point0.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Cramton).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.