Higher order variation and stochastic volatility models
AbstractLimit distribution results on quadratic and higher order variation quantities are derived for certain types of continuous local martingales, in particular for a class of OU-based stochastic volatility models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford in its series Economics Papers with number 2001-W8.
Date of creation: 10 Jul 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.nuff.ox.ac.uk/economics/
Mixed asymptotic normality; Realised volatility; Quadratic variation;
Other versions of this item:
- Neil Shephard & Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2001. "Higher order variation and stochastic volatility models," Economics Series Working Papers 2001-W08, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- NEP-ALL-2001-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2001-10-16 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2001-10-16 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FIN-2001-10-16 (Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eric Ghysels & Andrew Harvey & Éric Renault, 1995.
CIRANO Working Papers
- GHYSELS, Eric & HARVEY, Andrew & RENAULT, Eric, 1995. "Stochastic Volatility," CORE Discussion Papers 1995069, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ghysels, E. & Harvey, A. & Renault, E., 1995. "Stochastic Volatility," Papers 95.400, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Ghysels, E. & Harvey, A. & Renault, E., 1996. "Stochastic Volatility," Cahiers de recherche 9613, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Ghysels, E. & Harvey, A. & Renault, E., 1996. "Stochastic Volatility," Cahiers de recherche 9613, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Integrated OU Processes," Economics Papers 2001-W1, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Ole Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2000.
"Non-Gaussian OU based models and some of their uses in financial economics,"
OFRC Working Papers Series
2000mf01, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Neil Shephard & Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 1999. "Non-Gaussian OU Based Models and some of their use in Financial Economics," Economics Series Working Papers 1999-W09, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxine Collett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.