The Dutch Energy Markets in 2009: Target Scenario – Obstacles – Measures
AbstractCompetition on the wholesale gas market is still in its early stages. Measures have already been put in place to eliminate some shortcomings, these are the new market model and the market-based balancing system. Both of these are the result of the Gas Letter from the Minister and the underlying TTF advice from the NMa. These measures facilitate a development towards more competition. But for a better functioning market the commitment of all market participants is required. Gasterra, the exclusive marketer of Groningen gas, has a key responsibility here. Energy suppliers should be able to obtain gas on the TTF in the required periods and quantities. Otherwise the development of the wholesale gas market will just be stalled further.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Energy, Netherlands Competition Authority in its series Market monitor energy with number 08.
Date of creation: 01 Nov 2009
Date of revision:
Monitoring; electricity; gas; competition; infrastructure;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joskow, P. & Edward Kahn, 2002.
"A Quantitative Analysis of Pricing Behavior In California’s Wholesale Electricity Market During Summer 2000,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0211, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul L. Joskow & Edward Kohn, 2002. "A Quantitative Analysis of Pricing Behavior in California's Wholesale Electricity Market During Summer 2000," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-35.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Kahn, Edward P., 2001. "A Quantitative Analysis of Pricing Behavior in California's Wholesale Electricity Market During Summer 2000," Working paper 506, Regulation2point0.
- Paul Joskow & Edward Kahn, 2001. "A Quantitative Analysis of Pricing Behavior in California's Wholesale Electricity Market During Summer 2000," NBER Working Papers 8157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jan Boone & Henry van der Wiel & J. van Ours, 2007.
"How (not) to measure competition,"
CPB Discussion Paper
91, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Boone, Jan & van der Wiel, Henry & van Ours, Jan C, 2007. "How (not) to measure competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 6275, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boone, J. & Ours, J.C. van & Wiel, H.P. van der, 2007. "How (Not) to Measure Competition," Discussion Paper 2007-014, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Boone, J. & Ours, J.C. van & Wiel, H.P. van der, 2007. "How (Not) to Measure Competition," Discussion Paper 2007-32, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Hempenius).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.