Innovation and Competition in the Netherlands: Testing the Inverted-U for Industries and Firms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade.
Volume (Year): 12 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=105724
competition; innovation; R&D; D22; D40; L10; O31;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bos, Jaap W.B. & Kolari, James W. & van Lamoen, Ryan C.R., 2013.
"Competition and innovation: Evidence from financial services,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1590-1601.
- Jaap W.B. Bos & Ryan C.R. van Lamoen & James W. Kolari, 2009. "Competition and Innovation: Evidence from Financial Services," Working Papers 09-16, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
- Gustavsson Tingvall, Patrik & Karpaty, Patrik, 2008.
"Service-sector competition, innovation and R&D,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
702, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Polder, Michael & Veldhuizen, Erik & Bergen, Dirk van den & Pijll, Eugène van der, 2009. "Micro and macro indicators of competition: comparison and relation with productivity change," MPRA Paper 18898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vives, Xavier, 2004.
"Innovation and Competitive Pressure,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4369, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vives, Xavier, 2006. "Innovation and competitive pressure," IESE Research Papers D/634, IESE Business School.
- Vives, Xavier, 2005. "Innovation and Competitive Pressure," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1s1059vr, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Jan Boone, 2008. "Competition: Theoretical Parameterizations and Empirical Measures," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 164(4), pages 587-611, December.
- Philippe Aghion & Nick Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2005.
"Competition and Innovation: An Inverted-U Relationship,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 120(2), pages 701-728, May.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicholas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted U Relationship," NBER Working Papers 9269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicholas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and innovation: an inverted U relationship," IFS Working Papers W02/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Howitt, Peter & Griffith, Rachel & Aghion, Philippe & Blundell, Richard & Bloom, Nick, 2005. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted-U Relationship," Scholarly Articles 4481507, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Lind, Jo Thori & Mehlum, Halvor, 2007.
"With or Without U? - The appropriate test for a U shaped relationship,"
4823, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jo Thori Lind & Halvor Mehlum, 2010. "With or Without U? The Appropriate Test for a U-Shaped Relationship," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(1), pages 109-118, 02.
- Lind , Jo Thori & Mehlum , Halvor, 2007. "With or Without U? The appropriate test for a U shaped relationship," Memorandum 21/2007, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Stephen Nickell, 1993.
"Competition and Corporate Performance,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0182, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ferdinand Rauch, 2008. "An explanation for the inverted-U relationship between competition and innovation," Vienna Economics Papers 0813, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Griffith, R., 2008. "Competition and growth: reconciling theory and evidence," Open Access publications from University College London http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
- Puhani, Patrick A, 2000. " The Heckman Correction for Sample Selection and Its Critique," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, February.
- Askenazy, P. & Cahn, C. & Irac, D., 2008.
"Competition, R&D, and the Cost of Innovation,"
197, Banque de France.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Salop, Steven, 1977. "The Noisy Monopolist: Imperfect Information, Price Dispersion and Price Discrimination," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 393-406, October.
- Hashem, Nawar & Ugur, Mehmet, 2012. "Market Concentration, Corporate Governance and Innovation: Partial and Combined Effects in US-Listed Firms," MPRA Paper 44135, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2012.
- D'Elia, Enrico & Nascia, Leopoldo & Zeli, Alessandro, 2011.
"Analisi dei modelli d’impresa: discontinuità e sviluppo
[Analysing firm's evolution: discontinuity and growth]," MPRA Paper 35926, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Peneder, 2012. "Competition and Innovation: Revisiting the Inverted-U Relationship," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-5, March.
- Ugur, Mehmet, 2012. "Market Power, Governance and Innovation: OECD Evidence," MPRA Paper 44141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peroni, Chiara & Gomes Ferreira, Ivete, 2010. "Market competition and innovation in Luxembourg," MPRA Paper 38709, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiara Peroni & Ivete Ferreira, 2012. "Competition and Innovation in Luxembourg," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 93-117, March.
- Bettina Becker, 2013. "The Determinants of R&D Investment: A Survey of the Empirical Research," Discussion Paper Series 2013_09, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Sep 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.