A New Bankruptcy Procedure that Uses Multiple Auctions
AbstractWe develop a new bankruptcy procedure that makes use of multiple auctions. The procedure" is designed to work even when capital markets do not function well (for example in developing" economies, or in economies in transition) -- although it can be used in all economies."
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Working Papers with number 6278.
Date of creation: Nov 1997
Date of revision:
Publication status: published as European Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, Vol. 41, nos. 3-5(April 1997): 461-473.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Hart, Oliver & La Porta Drago, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Moore, John, 1997. "A new bankruptcy procedure that uses multiple auctions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 461-473, April.
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aghion, P. & Hart, O. & Moore, J., 1992.
"The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform,"
92-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Aghion, Philippe & Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 523-46, October.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver D. Hart & John Moore, 1994. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," NBER Chapters, in: The Transition in Eastern Europe, Volume 2: Restructuring, pages 215-244 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," NBER Working Papers 4097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," CEP Discussion Papers dp0093, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gilson, Stuart C. & John, Kose & Lang, Larry H. P., 1990. "Troubled debt restructurings*1: An empirical study of private reorganization of firms in default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 315-353, October.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"Law and Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, . "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Kose John, 1993. "Managing Financial Distress and Valuing Distressed Securities: A Survey and a Research Agenda," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(3), Fall.
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Firms, Contracts, and Financial Structure," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288817.
- Aloisio Araujo, 2002.
"As Leis de Falência: uma Abordagem Econômica,"
Working Papers Series
57, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Araújo, Aloísio Pessoa de, 2003. "As Leis de Falência: Uma Abordagem Econômica," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 474, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Zakolyukina Anastasia, 2006. "Bankrtuptcy in Russia: External Management Performance," EERC Working Paper Series 06-09e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- F. Lopez-De-Silanes, 2002.
"The Politics Of Legal Reform,"
G-24 Discussion Papers
17, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Chad Leechor, 1999. "Innovations in Bankruptcy—Pricing the Priority of Insolvency Claims," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11464, The World Bank.
- Alexander Dilger, 2006. "Forced to make mistakes: Reasons for complaining about Bebchuk's scheme and other market-oriented insolvency procedures," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 79-94, January.
- Urs W. Birchler & Dominik Egli, 2003. "Ein neues Bankinsolvenzrecht für die Schweiz," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 139(II), pages 125-154, June.
- Alberto E. Chong & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 2006.
"Corporate Governance and Firm Value in Mexico,"
6715, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Michelle J. White, 2005. "Economic Analysis of Corporate and Personal Bankruptcy Law," NBER Working Papers 11536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver Hart, 2000.
"Different Approaches to Bankruptcy,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1903, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Donald B. Hausch & S. Ramachandran, 2000. "Systemic Financial Distress and Auction-Based Bankruptcy Reorganization," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1423, Econometric Society.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Nadine Levratto, 2007. "Legal vs economic explanations of the rise in bankruptcies in XIXth century France," EconomiX Working Papers 2007-35, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Araújo, Aloísio Pessoa de & Funchal, Bruno, 2005. "Past and Future of the Bankruptcy Law in Brazil and Latin America," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 599, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Hausch, Donald B. & Ramachandran, S., 2009. "Systemic financial distress and auction-based bankruptcy reorganization," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 366-380, June.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk, 2000.
"Using Options to Divide Value in Corporate Bankruptcy,"
NBER Working Papers
7614, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye, 2000. "Using options to divide value in corporate bankruptcy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 829-843, May.
- R. Fischer & C. Bonilla, 2004. "Endogenous Credit Constraints and Factor Market Rigidities: the case of Bankruptcy," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 240, Econometric Society.
- Felipe Balmaceda & Ronald Fischer, 2006. "Performance of an economy with credit constraints, bankruptcy and labor inflexibility," Documentos de Trabajo 222, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Hausch, Donald B. & Ramachandran, S., 1999. "Bankruptcy reorganization through markets : Auction-based Creditor Ordering by Reducing Debts (ACCORD)," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2230, The World Bank.
- Cargill, Thomas F. & Parker, Elliott, 2002. "Asian finance and the role of bankruptcy: a model of the transition costs of financial liberalization," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 297-318.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.