An Analysis of Watermove Water Markets
AbstractThis paper conducts an analysis of the water markets in Victoria covered by Watermove. The analysis in this paper examines the weekly trading activity across trading zones. For the majority of trading zones there is little trading activity that occurs. There are three trading zones in which the markets for temporary water rights are reasonably active and liquid on a weekly basis, and for these zones an analysis is conducted of their demand and supply elasticities and consumer and producer surplus. The results of this analysis suggest a stronger relationship on the supply side between prices, volumes, elasticity and producer surplus.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics in its series Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers with number 10/05.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: May 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: PO Box 11E, Monash University, Victoria 3800, Australia
Web page: http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/depts/ebs/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Inder, Brett, 1986. "An Approximation to the Null Distribution of the Durbin-Watson Statistic in Models Containing Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 413-428, December.
- Bell, Rosalyn, 2002. "Capturing benefits from water entitlement trade in salinity affected areas: A role for trading houses?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(3), September.
- Brennan, Donna C. & Scoccimarro, Michelle, 1999. "Issues in defining property rights to improve Australian water markets," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 43(1), March.
- Wheeler, Sarah Ann & Bjornlund, Henning & Shanahan, Martin & Zuo, Alec, 2008. "Price elasticity of water allocations demand in the Goulburn–Murray Irrigation District," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(1), March.
- Bell, Stephen & Quiggin, John, 2006.
"The Metagovernance of Markets: The Politics of Water Management in Australia,"
Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers
149862, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Stephen Bell & John Quiggin, . "The Metagovernance of Markets: The Politics of Water Management in Australia," Murray-Darling Program Working Papers WP6M06, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simone Grose).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.