Two lemmas that changed general equilibrium theory
AbstractThis short paper, published in Games and Economic Behavior (July 2009) "In Memoriam" of David Gale, emphasizes the seminal role played by two lemmas of David Gale in the development of the foundations of General Equilibrium Theory.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne in its series Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne with number 09052.
Length: 5 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106-112 boulevard de l'Hôpital 75 647 PARIS CEDEX 13
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Fixed points; equilibrium; excess demand correspondence; Gale-Nikaido-Debreu lemma; simultaneous optimization approach; Michael selection theorems.;
Other versions of this item:
- Florenzano, Monique, 2009. "Two lemmas that changed general equilibrium theory," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 603-605, July.
- Monique Florenzano, 2009. "Two lemmas that changed general equilibrium theory," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00423878, HAL.
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2009-10-24 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2009-10-24 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geistdoerfer-Florenzano, Monique, 1982. "The gale-nikaido-debreu lemma and the existence of transitive equilibrium with or without the free-disposal assumption," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1-2), pages 113-134, January.
- Gerard Debreu, 1956. "Market Equilibrium," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 10, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.